SABANCI ÜNİVERSİTESİ İNGİLİZCE HAZIRLIK ATLAMA PROGRAMI
Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama Program İçeriği
1 – Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama Sınavı ( Bireysel – Sabancı Üniversitesi Özel İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama Dersi )
2 – Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama Sınavı ( 4 kişi – Sabancı Üniversitesi Grup İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama Dersi )
Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama eğitimi için kurulan Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama platformundaki Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama öğretilerinde yer verilen ve Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama seminerlerinde Üniversitenin hazırlık sınıfı öğrencilerine Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama eğitim merkezimizde dönem içinde İngilizce hazırlık atlama takviye ve dönem sonu için İngilizce hazırlık atlama sınavına Sabancı Üniversitesi İngilizce Hazırlık Atlama dersleri verilir.
|English Language Assessment Exam (Practice Test) Stage One (90 Minutes)|
|GuidanceTime yourself when doing Sections I and II. You have exactly 60 minutes. The questions cover a wide range of vocabulary and grammatical structures. You may find some of the questions easier than others. DO NOT spend more than 30 seconds on any one question. DO NOT leave any answers blank. Section III is a 30 minute writing test.In the actual examination you will be writing your answers on an optic form. For this practice test on the Web you should check your answers at the end by clicking the appropriate buttons.SECTION I – GRAMMAR – TOTAL: 40 MinutesActual Exam InstructionsExercise 1Read the following sentences carefully. Find the correct answer and mark it on the optic sheet. Do not write on the question booklet.Internet Instructions|
- Click the timer button start the clock;. a window will appear to say when time for this section has expired.
- When you have completed your answers, check to see if they are correct by clicking the appropriate button if needed.
2. She _____ that movie four times! I know that she won’t want to see it again.
3. Jets travel fast! By the time you have driven home, your uncle _____ 500 miles.
will have flown
will be flying
4. He _____ the leaves. I’ll have him call you after he is finished.
had been raking
5. George _____ for five hours in the woods before he was able to call an ambulance for help.
had been bleeding
6. When the veterinarian informed Ayþe that her dog _____ a few hours earlier, she became very depressed.
will have died
had been dying
has been dying
7. Hasan _____ the sidewalk when he noticed someone trying to break into the store across the street.
8. Ahmet has already told Cem that everyone ______ at 4:00 p.m. tomorrow in front of Murat’s apartment.
will be meeting
9. You _____ too much money on gasoline. We only have $200 left for rent.
had been spending
have been spending
will have spent
10. Hilmi and his friend _____ every morning in the park. They’re both in excellent health.
will have been jogging
had been jogging
11. At 5:00 p.m. next Tuesday, the astronauts _____ one month in space. That’s a long time.
will have been working
will be working
12. You _____ problems trying to enter that country without a visa. Please get one before we leave.
had been having
will have had
13. Tom _____ me yesterday for the gift that I had given him at his birthday party last Sunday.
will have thanked
14. My foot really _____ . Do you think I should call a doctor?
will have hurt
15. By tomorrow morning we _____ our bicycles 100 km. My legs will really be tired.
will have ridden
16. The last time they saw Marisa was last night at the discotheque where she _____ with friends.
will have danced
had been dancing
will have been dancing
17. Sinan _____ with that music group for five years. I remember the day he got the job.
has been singing
had been singing
18. We _____ asleep for four hours. Go back to bed. It’s three o’clock in the morning!
have only been
will have only been
had only been
19. At 9:00 p.m. this evening the team _____ for six hours. All the players will be tired before then.
will have been practicing
had been practicing
20. Carol _____ about a story that I told. She thinks it’s funny.
will be laughing
21. I _____ her next week in Ankara. Do you want me to give her a message?
22. We _____ for three hours. Do you think we’ll catch anything today?
have been fishing
had been fishing
23. Dan _____ tennis when the storm began.
has been playing
will be playing
24. Please don’t call me tomorrow night. I _____ my television.
will be fixing
had been fixing
25. Ýbrahim _____ the airport when the bomb went off.
will be entering
26. Füsun usually __________________ at 7:30 a.m. during the week.
is getting up
27. You should ____________________ a doctor if you continue feeling sick.
28. Tokyo is _________________________city in Japan.
the most large
29. One day Murat hopes _______________________ to Ankara with his family.
about a return
30. By the time school started, I ____________________in Istanbul two months.
31. Yesterday Metin _______________ to Izmir to visit his parents.
32. __________ Dursun know about the meeting today?
33. If I ____ him, I would tell the truth.
34. She has never worked hard, _____?
35. Over the past two years my computer _____________ four times.
36. During the storm, the couple ____________ in the basement.
37. Until recently my parents ___________ in Istanbul.
has been living
38. Berna told me that she _____________________ leave work early yesterday.
has got to
39. I like potatoes ____________ of all vegetables.
40. The cake ____________ good.
Exercise 2 Read the following sentences carefully. Choose the sentence that has the same meaning as the first one
.EXAMPLE: You can call me any day except Sunday.
a. Sunday is the most suitable day to call me.
b. You can only call me on Sunday.
c. Sunday is the only day that you can’t call me.
d. You can call me even on Sunday.Here the correct answer is c because it has the same meaning as the first sentence.
To successfully complete the next two exercises make sure you read the short passages carefully. The context will give you a clue as to what the missing word may be. For this Web version, you may type each word or cut and paste.
REMEMBER: a word can be used only once.
Actual Exam Instructions
Read the following passage (from an article about technology in the classroom) carefully and fill in the blanks with ONE suitable word from the box. There are more words than you need. DO NOT use a word more than ONCE.
THE INTERNET ALTERS STUDENT-INSTRUCTOR RELATIONSHIP
To successfully complete the next two exercises make sure you read the short passages carefully. The context will give you a clue as to what the missing word may be. REMEMBER a word can be used only ONCE.
Between the Great Rivers: Water in the Heart of the Middle East